Dealing with selfish parents is actually tricky. Even when kids grow up with successful, caring parents, it still kind of feels like we are being drilled into believing that this is how things should be. It is normal to us as kids. So how do we deal with a selfish parent? Below are some abandonment Selfish Parents Quotes to describe the feelings in Words.
- “But who’s going to take care of you when you’re older? I’m not selfish I’m going to bring someone into this world just so they can take care of me.”
- “Self-absorbed people only think about what makes them feel good at the moment. They don’t have any respect or regard for anyone else. Then they wonder why their relationships fail.”
- “The hard things is, you try to help them but still you’re the bad one.”
- “As a child, I never imagined that all of the real monsters in the world would be humans.”
- “Divorce doesn’t scar children. abandonment Selfish parents with insecurities do.” Selfish Parents Quotes
- “Sometimes problems don’t require a solution to solve them; instead they require maturity to outgrow them.”
- “If you can’t make sacrifices for your kids, you don’t deserve them. A true parent would give their life and their very last breathe!
Abandonment selfish parents quotes
- “Having kids doesn’t make parents. Raising them does.”
- “Being a selfish parent is a sign of not having learned from experience.” abandonment Selfish Parents Quotes.
- “Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.”
- “Instead of treating your child like how you were treated. Treat them with the same love and attention you wanted from your parents while growing up.”
- “If all the people in this world, in which we live, were as selfish as a few of the people in this world, in which we live, there would be no world in which to live.”
- “If you are too busy to enjoy quality time with your family, then you need to re-evaluate your priorities.” abandonment selfish parents quotes
- “Sometimes parents are too possessive and do not want their children to be very independent and take decisions individually.”
Selfish Parents Quotes picked from Research
- “As selfishness and complaint pervert the mind, so love with its joy clears and sharpens the vision.”
- “Glory, built on selfish principles, is shame and guilt.”
- “I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
Few Amazing quotes about selfish parents
- “Your first obligation as a parent is to not bring chaos into your kid’s lives.”
- “I want someday to be able to love with the same intensity and unselfishness that parents love their children with.”
- “Parents forgive their children least readily for the faults they themselves instilled in them.”
- “Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.”
- “Selfishness is that detestable vice which no one will forgive in others, and no one is without himself.”
- “If you love your children, why brainwash them into thinking the other parent doesn’t care? Selfish Parent Quotes
- “There are many things that we would throw away if we were not afraid that others might pick them up.
- “That’s the problem with putting other people first. You’ve taught them you come second.”
- “Sometimes you don’t need to hear their excuses or what they have to say for themselves because their actions already spoke the truth.”
- “Don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose.”
- “Children shouldn’t have to sacrifice so that you can have the life you want. You make sacrifices so your children can have the life that they deserve.”
- “Being a parent shouldn’t be when it is convenient for you. It is a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year commitment.”
- “As a parent, you should be more concerned with your child’s happiness than your petty insecurities and jealousies. Just a thought!
- “Your mother’s happiness is not your responsibility. It has never been.”
- “Anyone can have a child and call themselves “a parent”. A real parent is someone who puts that child above their own selfish needs and wants.”
- “Real dads support their children without the law telling them they have to.” Selfish Parents Quotes for a Father
- “Your children becomes who you are; so be who you want them to be.”
- “Don’t anger your parents in order to please other people. Those other people did not spend their lives building yours.”
- “To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.”
- “Just remember when you are ignoring them, you are teaching them to live without you.”
Selfish parents Quotes of bad parents
- “Denying a child the joy and memories of being with the other parent is an act of “pure evil”.
- “Respond to your children with love in their worst moments, their broken moments, their angry moments, and their selfish moments because it is in their most unlovable human moments that they most need to be feel loved.”
- There should be an anti father day. A bad dad’s day. That way I could truly say “you are the best.” Selfish Father Quote
- It hurts to have a child removed from you for no reason at all. But think about the pain of the child who is being used to hurt you. Now that’s painful.”
- “Forget the dog. Beware of the mom.” Selfish Mother Quote
- “When you have child, your “wants” come lost. It’s about their needs & wants first. If you can’t do that, you don’t deserve to be a parent.” Selfish Parents Quotes
- “Too much love never spoils children. Children become spoiled when we substitute “presents” for “presence.”
- “Wise parents prepare their children to get along without them.”
- “Nothing is weaker or smaller than the man who hurts women or children whether by his actions or by his words.”
- “The best security blanket a child can have is parents who respect each other.”
Family selfish quotes for parents
- “Stop making your child a victim of your anger.”
- “What a difficult time for a child when they find out their parent used and manipulated them to hurt someone they love.”
- “It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.”
How To tell If A Parents are Selfish
To understand how we can deal with a selfish parent, you have to understand what the basis of selfishness is. Basically, selfishness stems from fear. When your parent (or someone else’s parent) told you that you weren’t good enough or pretty enough or talented enough to do anything, or they said you were bad at sports or a bad singer, and you don’t feel that you measure up to their expectations, this is fear. Your mind believes that you don’t measure up and are unworthy of any true success. This causes the “feelings” that create the negative self-talk in which your parents’ behavior feeds into your subconscious mind.
The thing about being a child is that you often feel those “bad” feelings before you are “good” or “perfect”. We hear the words “crooked”, “not good enough”, “not pretty enough”, and “not talented enough” each day. It happens to everyone. When it comes to parental behavior, though, there is one important concept that can help you make sense of what your parents are saying – the concept of self-esteem.
Many children are raised by their parents to believe that they are “less than” other children. This is especially true in the case of divorce, when one or both parents feel self-absorbed and think they know best. In a healthy household, parents work to build their children’s self-esteem. And here is where self-absorption and self-absorption can get a little messed up: if one parent feels self-absorbed and thinks they know best, this may lead to other negative thoughts manifesting themselves as “selfish parenting”.
So how do you tell if your parents are self-absorbed? When you ask your parents how they are doing, is it more self-centered, more self-accepting, more accepting of others, or more selfish? If your parents say one thing but act another, and if that other thing manifests itself in your interactions with them, then you have a parent who is self-absorbed. When you want to make sure that your divorce is a fair and just divorce, you must make sure you get clear on whether the self-absorbed behavior is driven by selfishness or by love.
Here’s the bottom line: all marriages will have good and bad times. You cannot avoid the bad times, but you can work to minimize the effects of the good times when they occur. And that begins with accepting that your parents have flaws and are human and have their own set of emotions. Your job, as the parent, is to help your children deal with those flaws and emotions, not make your parents feel bad because you don’t think they are being self-absorbed. Follow these tips for divorcing selfish parents with kids, and you will have a much better chance of saving your marriage.
How To Use Selfish Parents Quotes To Stop Becoming Yourself
Here are some great selfless parenting quotes. I find that reading these every day helps me to think through some of the things that I do and say that hurt my children. This has given me the opportunity to stop and reflect on what I do and say that really make me angry and upset with my spouse or partner. It’s helped me come to the realization that although I know that I’m not a bad parent, that I do have bad habits and ways of disciplining my children which are totally different from those of an “average” parent. Reading these quotes has brought me to the realization that even though I may be doing the best job possible in raising my kids, there are still things I am doing that will adversely affect them later in life.
One of the most important things you can do as parents is to stop comparing yourself to other people and things. People who are truly selfless love themselves and love their families deeply. By thinking of your life as separate from those of others, you will be much more apt to give love and compassion to your child and be a loving and responsible parent. One of the greatest things you can do to instill this in your children is to get them involved with the writing of their own Selfish Parents Quotes.
Once you start using Selfish Parents Quotes together as a family, it is important for each of you to write down some of the things that you are beginning to see and become aware of as you’re becoming more critical of yourself. Once you all have a chance to sit down together and share your thoughts and concerns about your parenting style, you will begin to see how your actions, words, and choices are truly causing your children pain. Being aware of this will empower you to stop yourself in your tracks whenever you find yourself behaving unethically or abusing your child. It is much harder for people to change when they are doing things that make them feel guilty. Finding the answer to how to be a good, responsible and loving parent begins with the realization that your actions and words have the power to affect not only your children but also everyone around you.