Social media is an interesting modern phenomenon. Some people use it exclusively to stay connected with friends, while others actually live their lives on social networks. No matter what type of person you are, you may someday decide to limit what others can learn about you online. Or do a complete social media cleanup. That’s where you may face certain challenges.
Before tackling this, let’s take a look at why you should consider deleting Tweets, Facebook posts, and Instagram posts.
Digital decryption-spending is especially popular for certain periods of time when you don’t use gadgets or social networks. For other reasons, you need to apply for a job (new bosses don’t necessarily have to see party photos or read lively tweets) or start a new relationship. You don’t want to constantly remind your new partner about your old relationship.
Finally, you may want to do a bit of personal branding by embarrassing some old photos or updates. Whatever the reason, here’s how to delete social media updates all at once.
Table of Contents
How to bulk delete tweets
As you probably guessed, Twitter doesn’t have a built-in feature to delete multiple tweets at the same time.
To delete individual tweets, do the following:
- Find the post you want to delete on the timeline.
- Click on the arrow at the top right of the post.
- Choose Delete Tweet .
Tweets deleted by using the bulk delete tweets
To batch delete tweets, you need to use an app or browser extension. TweetDelete is a free app that allows you to delete tweets in bulk. It works in all browsers and can be used on desktops and smartphones.
Here’s how to delete a Tweet using TwitterDelete.
- Go to the TwitterDelete website and log in to your Twitter account.
- After logging in , click Delete Tweet.
- You can choose whether you want to delete all tweets or just tweets for a specific period of time. You can also use the text search tool to filter the posts you want to delete.
- If you like everything, delete my tweets!
You can set the app to run a Twitter cleanup to keep your feed updated, and if you have more than 3,200 Tweets that you want to delete regularly, you can repeat the process until all are gone. There are other tools out there that can help you bulk delete tweets at once, but most of them have to pay.
Similar to Facebook, it’s a good idea to archive and save your Twitter content before you clean it up completely .
How to bulk delete Facebook posts
When it comes to Facebook, the most obvious option is to delete posts one at a time. To do this, do the following:
- Find the update of the profile you want to delete.
- Hit the three dots in the top right corner of the post.
- Delete .
Alternatively, you can use the activity log to delete Facebook posts.
- Find the activity log button in the top right corner Touch the corner of your profile.
- In the Filter column, select the category of posts you want to access.
- To delete a post, click the pencil icon to the right of each post.
With both options, you can only delete Facebook updates one by one.
To delete a Facebook post by mass social bookmarking post managers use
Unfortunately, clearing the browser cache on the platform . So, if you don’t want to waste time removing each Facebook post individually, you should use a browser extension or other online tool to delete Facebook posts in bulk.
Social Book Post Manager, for example, supports this as a free plugin for Chrome. You can delete Facebook posts in bulk as well as improve Facebook privacy by hiding multiple posts from other users .
Here’s how to bulk delete Facebook posts using Social Book Post Manager:
- Add plugin to browser
- Open your Facebook profile and go to the activity log . Select a category from the filter column on the left . I post the tag or the timeline posts of others , such as
- Open the Social Book Post Manager extension. Then year , month , with text and without text .
- To use the preview , check the pre-scan of the page .
- Click Delete to delete the selected post .
After deleting a Facebook post, it cannot be recovered. So, to clear all your memories , go back to Facebook Data Download .
How to bulk delete Instagram posts
In fact, with the Instagram app, you can’t delete more than one post at a time. You can also delete posts using a mobile app rather than a web browser.
To delete one Instagram post, do the following:
- Log in to your Instagram account smartphone
- Find the post you want to delete. Then click on the three dots at the top right of that post.
- Choose Delete .
You can also archive the post without deleting it . Unlike deletion, the operation can be reversed. The post also keeps all likes and comments if you change your mind and want to restore it.
Use Cleaner for Instagram to bulk delete Instagram posts>
If you decide to use Cleaner for Instagram to remove the feed of old posts, follow these steps:
- Open the app on your smartphone.
- Log in to your Instagram account. Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Select Media from the menu at the bottom of the app .
- Select the post you want to delete.
- Tap the lightning bolt in the lower right corner. Click Delete .
Cleaner for Instagram is free for up to 40 jobs. You have the option to upgrade to the Pro version and use more features. This app isn’t limited to bulk deletion of Instagram posts. You can use this tool to whitelist, unfollow or block users, and remove likes from posts.
If you’re wondering if you’re over-sharing social networks, your chances are right and now you need to do a general cleanup. Organizing your social media accounts is good for your soul and your followers.