Snapchat has added a new feature to its application – Snapchat Groups. This new feature is added by the Snapchat team to provide more chatting options to its users and has been quite popular among the young generation who simply want to connect with all their peers more easily. With this feature, a common question that has popped up is how you can remove someone from a Snapchat group. But, before answering that question, we need to discuss some other things.
Table of Contents
What is Snapchat Group?
This New feature added by the Snapchat team is that of Snapchat Groups. It Allows you to create a group of a Maximum of 31 friends who can stay in touch always via group chat. Any new chat in the Snapchat group will automatically show to all the members of the group. The new stories created by you will be set on group stories by default. Some of the basic features of the Snapchat group are mentioned below:
- All chats sent in the Group are deleted after 24 hours
- You can save messages in a group chat by pressing and holding them. Saved messages will have a gray background and everyone in the chat can see what messages are saved.
- When any member of the Group is online and viewing the Chat, their name bubble will light up and appear on the top of your keyboard.
- You can tap on a friend’s name bubble to view their profile.
- When you tap on people who are not your friends you will be able to see the option of adding them.
- The name of those members of the group that have opened the snap will appear below the snap once they have opened it.
- Snaps sent to a group chat can be opened and replayed once by each member.
- The basic feature of Snapchat, like pressing and holding on a Chat to see who has viewed it or saved it is also present.
- The feature of “snap streaks” which is related to individual chats does not apply here.
- When you leave the Group Chat all your snaps and chats will be cleared from the group.
Let’s Discuss How Can You Remove Someone from a Snapchat Group?
Just to make the number 31 you may add someone which you later regret and want to remove from the Snapchat group. Unfortunately, Snapchat doesn’t allow you to remove someone from the Snapchat group, even if you are the one who created the group and added them, You still cannot remove someone from the group. Here is what you can do instead of removing someone from the Snapchat group:
- You can create a new Snapchat group and add all your friends there and leave the old group and ask your friends to leave the group if they may want.
- You can ask the person itself to leave the group too, instead of creating a new group.
How Can You Create a New Snapchat Group?
Here are the very easy steps to create a new Snapchat group:
- Open your Snapchat app.
- Click on the new chat icon in the top right corner of the chat screen.
- Add the friends you want in the group – a maximum of 31 people. You can only add people who are in your friends’ list on Snapchat.
- Give a name to your group.
- Avoid that one person which you want to remove from your old Snapchat group.
Now after taking a snap you can send that directly to your group by choosing the group you created in the send snaps screen. Each member of the group will be able to see the snap shared and who has seen the snap.
Another way to create a group is:
- Open your Snapchat app.
- Take a snap and edit it however you want: add filters, emojis, draw on it or keep it as it is.
- Send the snap by clicking the blue arrow on the bottom right corner.
- Select the friends to whom you want to send your snap.
- When you pick more than one friend you will see a new “cluster of people” icon has appeared on the top right corner of the screen. This icon is the group icon – tap on it.
- Now you can add more people to it or send the snap as it is to the already selected people.
- You can name the group by tapping and holding onto the group and then giving it a name.
Features of Snapchat Group
- People in your Group Chat
- You can view these people from the group settings menu.
- When someone from your group is online and has opened the group chat you will be able to see their name inside a bubble above your keyboard which will be lit.
- You can add people by clicking on their bubble or can simply quick chat with them.
- Chat view and save
- You can tap and hold a chat to see people who have viewed it or have saved it.
- When any member has opened a chat their name will appear below it in the chat.
- All Chats and snaps will be deleted after 24 hours.
- You can save snaps from being deleted.
- Snaps sent to the group can be opened and replayed once by each member.
You can always take a break from regular texts from Snapchat groups by just leaving a Snapchat group.
Here is how you can leave the Snapchat group.
- open the Snapchat app.
- Go to the Group Chat and tap on it.
- On the top left corner, you will see three lines, tap them.
- Then, select “Leave Group”.